Sponsored projects are externally funded activities supporting the research, instruction, cooperative extension, and public service missions at the University of Georgia. Sponsored projects can utilize a wide variety of awarding vehicles (e.g., grants, contracts, cooperative agreements, subawards) resulting in projects between the University of Georgia, University of Georgia Research Foundation, Inc., and sponsors.
Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA) is comprised of Pre and Post Award staff working collaboratively in one unified department. SPA works closely with research administrators and other administrative support personnel located within our colleges, schools, departments, centers and institutes to address the administrative, financial and compliance responsibilities associated with sponsored project activities.
The Sponsored Projects Administration team:
- Reviews and submits proposals
- Receives and negotiates award documents
- Accepts award funding
- Establishes Project IDs unique to each project
- Prepares and submits invoices
- Collects payments
- Prepares and submits financial reports
- Provides project spending guidance and oversight
- Negotiates material changes to agreements after award
- Assists with project and financial closeout
- Ensures audit compliance